So, you’ve decided to join The Education Network family? Smart move! Now that we’re working together, we want to make sure you have the best opportunities possible so here’s our 10 top tips to make the most out of this exciting, new relationship!
Communication is key
– Check your phone regularly so you don’t miss out on work. It’s the best way for us to get hold of you quickly. Also check emails just incase we can’t get you on the telephone for whatever reason.
Practice discretion where necessary
– Please make sure any social networking websites you have are on the highest privacy setting. Even the most harmless of photos/posts have the potential to derail a career in education. It’s better to be safe than sorry!
– Specify exactly what you’re looking for, including the areas of education you would like to work in, the type of schools you would prefer and any you may wish to avoid. If at any time your preferences change that’s not a problem, just inform us and we’ll find something more suited to you!
Keep us updated
– Let us know as soon as possible or at latest on a Thursday what your availability is for the following week so we know when to and not to ring you. This saves everyone time as we won’t contact you or work to place you if we know you’re busy!
– Inform us of any changes to your situation e.g. if you’ve found a job or can’t work for any reason. Life happens and we completely understand! Should you wish to move on to pastures new, although we’ll be sad to see you go, we’ll also be happy for you!
In case of absence…
– Give a decent amount of notice (24 hours ideally) if you cannot work a shift you have agreed to. Remember, the school, staff and pupils will be relying on you so unless it is an emergency, please don’t hesitate to let us know immediately of any changes to your circumstances.
Just say no
– Please don’t feel obliged to accept work if you cannot do it or you’re not 100% about it. We want our teachers to be happy in their placements and we know that just because a role looks right for you on paper, it doesn’t necessarily mean it is the one for you! If you feel like you’d prefer a different position just say no and we’ll work tirelessly until we’ve found the perfect placement for you.
– Be clear about what geographical areas you can work in and how far you are willing to travel to work. If you’re unsure about how long a journey will take, use Google Maps to check your route before you accept the job and discover how long the travel time will be via walking, driving or public transport!
First impressions count
– Make a great impression when on assignment and the school or nursery will most likely ask for you back. The schools we work with have been known to make permanent placements available for exceptional teachers, so if you’re seeking more long-term work, make sure you stand out for all the right reasons!
Spread the word and earn some money
– Refer a friend or family member to join us as well and once they’re placed and have successfully completed ten full working days with us, you’ll be entitled to a cash reward as a thank you from us!
Should you require any further information before joining The Education Network you can find everything you need in our Candidate Guides! Alternatively, If you still can’t find what you’re looking for, you can contact your local office here.